Historically, the choice between renting or buying a home has been a tough decision.
Looking at the percentage of income needed to rent a median-priced home today (29.2%) vs. the percentage needed to buy a median-priced home (15.8%)…
- Whether you are selling your home, just purchased your first home, or are a homeowner planning to stay put for a while, there is value in knowing which home improvement projects will net you the most Return On Investment (ROI).
- While big projects like adding a bathroom or a complete kitchen remodel are popular ways to increase a home’s value, something as simple as updating landscaping and curb appeal can have a quick impact on a home’s value.
- For more information about top renovation projects that net you the most ROI, you can check out the complete list here.
- Interest rates have come a long way in the last 30 years.
- The interest rate you secure directly impacts your monthly payment and the amount of house that you can afford if you plan to stay within a certain budget.
- Interest rates are at their lowest in years… RIGHT NOW!
- If buying your first home, or moving up to the home of your dreams is in your future, now may be the time to act!
95% of first-time homebuyers are willing to sacrifice to make homeownership a reality.
The top item that buyers sacrifice is new clothes, at 54%.
Even repeat or experienced buyers say they sacrificed taking a vacation or buying a n…
After a surge in March, existing home sales and new home sales slowed due to a drop in inventory available for sale in the start-up and trade-up categories.
Median existing home prices surged for the 62nd straight month, up 6.0% ov…
- In a recent Harris Poll, Americans listed ‘change in climate/weather’ as their top reason for wanting to relocate.
- 41% would move for a “better job opportunity.”
- Being closer to loved ones filled out 3 of the top 6 reasons why Americans move.
- Many buyers are purchasing a home with a down payment as little as 3%.
- You may already qualify for a loan, even if you don’t have perfect credit.
- Take advantage of the knowledge of your local professionals who are there to help you determine how much you can afford.
- The “Cost of Waiting to Buy” is defined as the additional funds it would take to buy a home if prices and interest rates were to increase over a period of time.
- Freddie Mac predicts that interest rates will increase to 4.8% by this time next year, while home prices are predicted to appreciate by 4.9% according to CoreLogic.
- Waiting until next year to buy could cost you thousands of dollars a year for the life of your mortgage!
- The National Association of REALTORS® surveyed their members for their monthly Confidence Index.
- The REALTORS® Confidence Index is a key indicator of housing market strength based on a monthly survey sent to over 50,000 real estate practitioners. Practitioners are asked about their expectations for home sales, prices and market conditions.
- Homes sold in 60 days or less in 36 out of 50 states, and Washington D.C.
- Homes typically went under contract in 34 days in March!
Some Highlights:Interest rates are still below historic numbers.88% of property managers raised their rent in the last 12 months!The credit score requirements for mortgage approval continue to fall.Read More